GRUNTZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GRUNTZ

Official forum for Gruntz of WARCRAFT

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can this play war?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thafonz
Thafonz

Can this play war? Empty
PostSubject: Can this play war?   Can this play war? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 7:36 pm

just wanted to know can ths play war and if not what upgrades are needed?

http://www.dixons.co.uk/product.php?sku=256070&camp_id=froogle
Back to top Go down
Cfubar
Admin
Admin
Cfubar

Can this play war? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can this play war?   Can this play war? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:06 pm

Sad to say m8 , no it wont , the grapics adapter has no chance the INTEL GL960 is intended for desktop use it wont have a prayer with 3d graphics , is that your budget?

Could prob find you a ok desktop for that providing you dont need a monitor.? ?
Back to top Go down
Thafonz
Thafonz

Can this play war? Empty
PostSubject: whhooops   Can this play war? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:12 pm

took a test online and it ses it will run maybe i linked the wrong computer or something...
Back to top Go down
Cfubar
Admin
Admin
Cfubar

Can this play war? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can this play war?   Can this play war? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:23 pm

Tell you what , as soon as i get beta up and running ill test it on my laptop , it has similar specs and the same graphics adapter,
main differnce being mines a 1.6 single core processer to the dual core in the toshiba which should make little difference , so if my laptop will run it then i think the one you linked will. test link yourself m8 to make sure it was one you intended.... any reason for laptop instead of desktop?
Back to top Go down
Cfubar
Admin
Admin
Cfubar

Can this play war? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can this play war?   Can this play war? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:33 am

k fonz im patchin war on laptop now so prob 2morro ill have a blast at gettin it workin.
Back to top Go down
Cfubar
Admin
Admin
Cfubar

Can this play war? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can this play war?   Can this play war? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:32 am

k ive given it a blast and it will "run" but is in no way playable even on lowest settings , if its a laptop you after then you need one with a dedicated vid card (not intel) so a 8400m or 2900 if 280 your rough budget you will struggle , ill have a dig around .
Back to top Go down
Thafonz
Thafonz

Can this play war? Empty
PostSubject: my budget   Can this play war? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 4:52 pm

im willing to put out £500+ towards upgrades and stuff at this current time. hope that helps
Back to top Go down
Cfubar
Admin
Admin
Cfubar

Can this play war? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can this play war?   Can this play war? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 6:20 pm

£500 would buy you a good pc m8 , need monitor? or just base unit? Or are you looking specifically for a laptop?
Back to top Go down
Thafonz
Thafonz

Can this play war? Empty
PostSubject: dont need a monitor   Can this play war? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:02 pm

i dont need a monitor ive got a wide screen tv and the cable to connect i. dont particularly need a laptop either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Can this play war? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can this play war?   Can this play war? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can this play war?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRUNTZ :: ANNOUNCEMENTS !-
Jump to: