GRUNTZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GRUNTZ

Official forum for Gruntz of WARCRAFT

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warhammer System Requirements!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cfubar
Admin
Admin
Cfubar

Warhammer System Requirements! Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer System Requirements!   Warhammer System Requirements! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 8:55 pm

http://www.war-europe.com/#/news/?id_news=en77&lang=en

FOR WINDOWS XP
2.5 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
1 Gigabyte RAM
A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
At least 15 GB of hard drive space

FOR WINDOWS VISTA
2.5 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
2 Gigabyte RAM
A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
At least 15 GB of hard drive space*

SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS
ATI Radeon(TM) series
9500, 9600, 9800
X300, X600, X700, X800, X850
X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900, X1950
2400, 2600, 2900,
3650, 3850, 3870
4850, 4870

NVIDIA GeForce series
FX 5900, FX 5950
6600, 6800,
7600, 7800, 7900, 7950
8400, 8500, 8600, 8800
9400, 9500, 9600, 9800
GTX 260, GTX 280
Intel(R) Extreme Graphics
GMA X4500
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer System Requirements!   Warhammer System Requirements! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:49 pm

* puts on puppy dog eyes *

Foobz, baby....

hmmm could you spend a little time of your life finding me a "good" grphics card what will play this. basically which will play the recommended. Also i wouldnt mind one which will play games for a while etc, so a up to date one......

thanks, i have no idea what i need, once i find the card... ill be going to pc world asap ( any idea what it will cost to just fit the card and a little tidy up ( ofc u have no idea what needs to be done) ??)

But i also dunno if im actully able to upgrade it.... i dunno if i can change stuff etc Sad Sad Sad

Smile and thanks for these mate

also can u compare these to wow's and what the difference is aswell, also too AoC's if u have time mate ( or anyone please)
Back to top Go down
Cfubar
Admin
Admin
Cfubar

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer System Requirements!   Warhammer System Requirements! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 9:28 am

Ive just got up for work m8 , so ill do the comparisons lwhen i get home tonight.

On the vid card , id say if you order off net and fix yourself then bout £45 will get it going decent , cant remember specs of your system so dont know bout rest of your stuff. Also a important thing is if you have a pci express slot or a Agp slot for grphics , need to find that out to decide on vid card .

Pc world will charge you a fourtune (as will most pc shops) for any fitting , not only that but a card you could get from the net for £45 quid will cost you bout £70 from them robbing gits.

Ill be in touch later gtg to work now . --- ive an idea bout helping you do this using a talk through and a couple of benchmark programs , later m8.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer System Requirements!   Warhammer System Requirements! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 2:09 pm

Thanks foobz mate (Y) apprechate it.

ill pay ya back on warhammer Smile
Back to top Go down
Cfubar
Admin
Admin
Cfubar

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer System Requirements!   Warhammer System Requirements! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 7:21 pm

Ok daisy ,

Im going to ask you to do a couple of things to help me establish what system you got and what upgrades you need and how to do them as easily as possible .

First of all download everest from here ... http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Now run it and wait a min for it to detect everything.

Now click report and run a quick reprt in Text file , when its done save it to file (make sure you remember where you save it to) , then email it to me .
Next time i see you on Msn ill give you my pop3 email address (please dont give it anyone) , id prefer it sent to that address.

The report file will tell me everything i need to know bout your specs and ill look for the cheapest upgrade route for you.

Once ive established the cheapest route ill talk you through step by step in a foolproof way for you to do it.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer System Requirements!   Warhammer System Requirements! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 11:00 pm

ok i done the scan, but i got No Report.

i got repair etc.

scrap that downloaded the wrong thing lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Cfubar
Admin
Admin
Cfubar

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer System Requirements!   Warhammer System Requirements! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:05 am

Daisy wrote:
ok i done the scan, but i got No Report.

i got repair etc.

scrap that downloaded the wrong thing lol Smile

Very Happy Got my work cut out with you lol.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer System Requirements!   Warhammer System Requirements! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:57 am

Haha, hey i hadnt eaten anything all day, so i was lacking in nutraints Smile
Back to top Go down
Cfubar
Admin
Admin
Cfubar

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer System Requirements!   Warhammer System Requirements! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 8:05 pm

ok on a quick look i would recommend a memory upgrade

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/114493 Would do the trick , it looks like you have 2 spare slots although i need to confirm this .

Then you are in luck as you have a pci express slot ! so the following would be good upgrades depending on your budget ...

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/140112
or
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/139617
or best of these (ive kept entire upgrade under £100)

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/143589

so for between £57 and £100 fro a vid card and doubling your memory , i think we can give your system a good boost m8. It wont be a world beater but it will get it up to a standard that should play warhammer on above medium settings . Might even push some settings quite high.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer System Requirements!   Warhammer System Requirements! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 8:53 pm

ok Smile all looks good and thanks for the time you put in mate.

just tell me what i need to do to find out what u need ( about the 2 slots )

as the cost is conerned i got 200£ to spend so i might get the 2nd card u mentioned.

and great taht its on ebuyer we have an account on that Smile.

cheers just tell me anything you want me to do.
Back to top Go down
Cfubar
Admin
Admin
Cfubar

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer System Requirements!   Warhammer System Requirements! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 9:05 pm

With £200 you could go even better on vid card but to be honest the rest of the system would hold it back , id spend £100 then wait until you can afford £500 - £600 for a new system .

The 3870 and extra gig of ram will see you through.

As far as finding out how many slots you got for memory ive tried to find online manual for your motherboard but with it being dell they are twats to find.

So you can either look in the manuals for your pc and there will be a diagram of your motherboard detailing Dimm slots . Or open your side up and look see how many their are , i reckon you will have 4 , 2 of which have sticks in them 2 free, and they should be like one used slot then an empty one then a used one then an empty one ,( assuming they have setup dual channel) . They are 533 mhz slots so there is no point buing performance ram , the ones ive shown will be more than adequate .

Also with ebuyer if you spend over £50 and select thair super saver delivery it will be free delivery Smile . and it says 5 working days but its normally 2 in my experiance (altough i do only live a few miles down motorway from warehouse) .
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer System Requirements!   Warhammer System Requirements! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:27 am

cool, ill try and find the manual.... i dont think it would be good opening my pc up yet lol Smile

as it will just be one big fail Smile

ill try and find it out asap...

so i put the memory in the 2 free slots or replace the old ones?

and how hard is it to replace the graphics card ? is it just slide it in and out
Back to top Go down
Cfubar
Admin
Admin
Cfubar

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer System Requirements!   Warhammer System Requirements! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:28 pm

The new memory goes in free slots.

The vid card you simply remove it in windows , ill tell u how its simple , and then you just unfasten 1 screw and a small catch at back of it , then it comes out and other slots in , you restart pc and install new drivers from the cd that will come with the card .

Honestly m8 upgrading memory and vid card can be done by a monkey with a little instruction. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer System Requirements!   Warhammer System Requirements! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:40 pm

Cfubar wrote:
Honestly m8 upgrading memory and vid card can be done by a monkey with a little instruction. Very Happy

.... Have you seen me? my Iq is lower than a monkeys.
Back to top Go down
Cryptopsy
Cryptopsy

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer System Requirements!   Warhammer System Requirements! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:45 pm

Ok, im looking to spend about £500 - £600 on a new system, then I'll probably have to buy a good graphics card etc. Think I'll be able to meet the requirements with this budget?
afro
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/smileatgunpoint
Cfubar
Admin
Admin
Cfubar

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer System Requirements!   Warhammer System Requirements! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 5:12 pm

Cryptopsy wrote:
Ok, im looking to spend about £500 - £600 on a new system, then I'll probably have to buy a good graphics card etc. Think I'll be able to meet the requirements with this budget?
afro

paying £600 for a new system , providing you shop around (ill have a look if you need me to) , you should be able to get a system including a decent vid card in that price .
Back to top Go down
Sha8stix
Admin
Admin
Sha8stix

PostSubject: Lo crypt   Warhammer System Requirements! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:12 pm

Well with Foobz as our resident upgrader you cant go wrong daisy, as for Crypt its good to see ya m8, you coming to Warhammer m8 ? hows the band going ?

see u all on the battlefield of WAAAAARRRRGGGHH !!
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer System Requirements!   Warhammer System Requirements! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:28 pm

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b2M_UqO4cz4&feature=related

Oo Oo Oo looks easy... but .... but ...... im scared Razz
Back to top Go down
Cryptopsy
Cryptopsy

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer System Requirements!   Warhammer System Requirements! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:54 pm

Sha8stix wrote:
Well with Foobz as our resident upgrader you cant go wrong daisy, as for Crypt its good to see ya m8, you coming to Warhammer m8 ? hows the band going ?

see u all on the battlefield of WAAAAARRRRGGGHH !!

Its good to hear from you too mate. Bands going good, we are looking into recording some of our songs soon so you can have a listen on our myspace.
I will be coming to WAR as soon as I get a decent computer. May be a couple of months after you guys have started dominating the battlefields before I make an appearence though. But I've got a job now so I'll be able to afford a new computer soon enough.

afro
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/smileatgunpoint
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer System Requirements!   Warhammer System Requirements! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warhammer System Requirements!
Page 1 of 1